Start page for KDevelop 4

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Tue Feb 17 18:42:59 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 17 February 2009 19:32:21 Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Monday 16 February 2009, Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote:
> > Hello there,
> >
> >   As promised a while back, i have finally gotten around to putting
> > together a proposal for a start page type thing for KDevelop 4. After
> > linking to it in channel, apaku requested that i throw it at the mercy of
> > the mailing list, and as such:
> >
> >   http://leinir.dk/temp/kdev-startpage/
>
> Interesting and I think it's a must-have for an IDE.

  Thanks! That's why i started working on it too :)

> I think Plasma is born for that purpose.

  Coming from a project which uses Plasma (Amarok ;) ), no, this is not really
what it was created for - it is a HUGE framework, and not as straight forward
as it might seem ;) As for reinventing the wheel, khtml is there and is
relatively straight forward to use for this purpose - generating the html to
stuff in there is just string operations :)

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/

                          Co-