cmake manager regression?

David nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Sun Feb 15 20:21:59 UTC 2009

Am Sonntag 15 Februar 2009 21:08:54 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> Well, having them duplicated might lead to confusion, especially for
> newbies. And currently they're not really hidden, they just are grouped
> into the target they're used in.
I think duplicating them would be a good idea, especially for newbies. :-) The
problem is, the project-tree nearly exactly looks like a file-tree, and I find
even myself often expecting the cpp files to be right under the folder they
are in, not in the target.

If we would duplicate them, we could give the ones under the target other
icons, something like a "translation unit" icon.

> Hmm, I wonder how we currently handle the case of two targets that use the
> same files, Aleix?
>
> Would it make sense to show the .cpp files where they are located on the
> disk in the project tree and then also have the targets in the tree, but
> without any childs. Then clicking on a target shows the list of associated
> cpp/ui/whatever files in a separate list in the place where there's
> currently the buildset widget.  The only downside of this is that we again
> change the tree-structure, which will most probably cause hickups in a few
> places that expect files under targets. And of course not having the list
> of associated files directly visible in the tree when looking at multiple
> targets...
Not sure about showing them in a separate list.

Greetings, David