cmake manager regression?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Feb 15 20:08:54 UTC 2009

On 15.02.09 20:25:01, Nick Shaforostoff wrote:
> 2009/2/15 Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org>:
> > Well, we could prevent the manager to add .cpp files outside targets if it
> > is that what you mean.
> no, I mean the simplest thing to do is to not hide .cpp files at all,
> so that we'd have duplicated .cpp fileentries in the project tree and
> in [virtual] target
>
> so that in http://youonlylivetwice.info/shots/kdevelop-filelist2.png
> I'd have two entries for xlifftextedit.cpp: one in 'lokalize' target,
> and the other one near xlifftextedit.h (where it is actually located)
>
> alternatively (or additionally) 'lokalize' target would repeat
> projecttree structure, I mean make it hierarchical rather than
> plainlist (single-level).

Well, having them duplicated might lead to confusion, especially for
newbies. And currently they're not really hidden, they just are grouped
into the target they're used in.

Hmm, I wonder how we currently handle the case of two targets that use the
same files, Aleix?

Would it make sense to show the .cpp files where they are located on the
disk in the project tree and then also have the targets in the tree, but
without any childs. Then clicking on a target shows the list of associated
cpp/ui/whatever files in a separate list in the place where there's
currently the buildset widget.  The only downside of this is that we again
change the tree-structure, which will most probably cause hickups in a few
places that expect files under targets. And of course not having the list
of associated files directly visible in the tree when looking at multiple
targets...

An avocado-tone refrigerator would look good on your resume.