Started to fixup cppdebugger in trunk/kdevelop

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Thu Feb 12 01:42:35 UTC 2009

On Thursday 12 February 2009 11:45:38 Mario Chacon wrote:
> Hello!..
> Sorry but I cannot make it works debugger in kdevelop4. I get the latest
> version but I do not know how to do it. please.. Can you help me with some
> first steps??

You have to set up a run target with project->open configuration->run, then go
to debugger->start.

I'm not sure about the version in kdevelop head, but the branch at
svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/playground/devtools/kdevelop4-extra-
plugins/debugger works pretty well for me including variable tree display.
You do have to have an up-to-date gdb though (6.8 or greater)

Cheers,
Hamish.