[ogoffart at kde.org: KDE/kdelibs/kdecore/kernel]

David nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Mon Feb 2 20:46:18 UTC 2009

Am Montag 02 Februar 2009 18:35:35 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> Hi,
>
> just saw this on k-c-d... Could we use kstandarddirs now for the duchain,
> as apparently the component data si initialized now and dirs should work as
> expected. Except of course appdirs+config are different as soon as the main
> component is created and set (as that one uses "kdevelop" as component
> name), so maybe its not overly useful?
>
> Andreas

It's possible that KComponentData is not enough, because we do create a
temporary KComponentData anyway, but that is not enough to access the
configuration at that point. I'm not sure. I don't feel very tempted to try
this out, since I'm anyway happy with ~/.kdevduchain. I didn't have to tell
anyone to delete it for quite a time, but still it's not a bad thing having
that data not too buried in sub-dirs.

Greetings, David