KDevelop4 UI

Alexander Dymo alexander.dymo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 16:52:29 UTC 2009

понеділок, 21-гру-2009 15:47:30 Andreas Pakulat ви написали:
> On 21.12.09 13:45:36, David Nolden wrote:
> > Btw. if we should try this out and see that:
> >
> > Sessions  Project  Navigation  |  File  Editor  Code  | Window  Settings
> > Help
> I think I actually do agree (after a longer walk outside and some time to
> getting used to it) on the "more sense" part for your fully re-ordered
> version. Maybe we should just try it out sometime soon (i.e. do the fully
> re-ordered version) and then see what feedback we get.

Guys, please don't forget that it's more important to provide _familiar_
environment for the user, rather than logical.

Every other application out there has "File | Edit |...". All other IDE's do
that too - Eclipse, Netbeans, Idea, MSVC just to name a few :)

We already have enough "differences" in the UI - area tabs, workingset
buttons. And I recall somebody already complained about that (in kdevelop ml?)
Please let's not introduce another one.

PS: I definitely agree on a other structure David proposed.