How to start KDevelop in GDB nowadays?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Dec 21 16:45:48 UTC 2009

On 21.12.09 16:00:05, David Nolden wrote:
> Am Montag 21 Dezember 2009 15:45:12 schrieb Milian Wolff:
> > Hey all!
> >
> > How do I start kdevelop inside GDB nowadays? That kdev_starter always
> >  insists on spawning new processes in the background and doesn't come with
> >  a -debug / - nofork switch...
>
> Either attach to the process, or set a KDEV_SESSION="{...}" environment
> variable.

Hmm, doesn't gdb's "follow-childs" mode work too?

Of course this makes it quite a bit harder to debug startup-problems. I'm
still not satisfied with this change (but I also don't have a better idea
at the moment, except dropping global statics from the duchain).

Everything will be just tickety-boo today.