KDevelop4 UI

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 21 14:03:09 UTC 2009

Am Montag 21 Dezember 2009 14:40:03 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:

> > > Wontfix afaik due to xmlgui/kmainwindow limitations.
> >
> > There's a fix for everything. ;-)
>
> The problem is maintaining it. The fix for all the problems we currently
> have and would have implementing that idea is dropping xmlgui and doing all
> the menu-merging ourselves.
>
> The problem is maintaing the "fix" ;)

I think technically the whole thing is doable, without utter hacks.

We just need to hook into the view-switching:
- Deactivate current view, unmerge GUI
- Store QSet<QAction*> of all actions in the main-menu
- Add other view, merge the GUI
- Build something like QMultiMap<QStringList, QAction*> of all actions that
were _added_, and the place where they were added, eg. <"Edit" : "Undo">.
And then restructure the actions in whatever way we like, for example moving
everything to one "Editor" submenu, or maybe leaving the "Edit" menu in-place
or moving the rest into a submenu. Although if we do that, I we should also
move a part of the "Edit" menu into an "Edit -> Advanced" sub-menu.

Regarding your other mail: Yes I think we should finish the GUI really soon
within a month or so, so we will have 2 months left for pure bug-fixing.

Greetings, David