KDevelop4 UI

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Dec 21 13:40:03 UTC 2009

On 21.12.09 13:17:52, David Nolden wrote:
> Am Montag 21 Dezember 2009 12:09:04 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > > The "debugger" tool-bar has to be restricted to the "debug" area
> >
> > Wontfix afaik due to xmlgui/kmainwindow limitations.
> There's a fix for everything. ;-)

The problem is maintaining it. The fix for all the problems we currently
have and would have implementing that idea is dropping xmlgui and doing all
the menu-merging ourselves.

The problem is maintaing the "fix" ;)

> For example, we could let the debugger listen to areaChanged() signals, and
> let it delete the toolbar when the "Debug" area is left, and re-create it when
> the debug-area is entered.

Probably show/hide would be enough. And most probably even better else you
might loose the toolbar positioning..

You display the wonderful traits of charm and courtesy.