KDevelop4 UI

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Dec 21 13:43:05 UTC 2009

On 21.12.09 12:37:30, David Nolden wrote:
> Am Montag 21 Dezember 2009 12:09:04 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > Did you test wether you can actually do that? I might be wrong, but I think
> > xmlgui doesn't allow you to reorder where File is showing up and moving
> > actions from the editor into a separate menu is definetly not possible with
> > xmlgui.
>
> I haven't looked into details at all, but I guess it can be done somehow. For
> example, we could record the actions in the main-menu before we merge the GUI
> of the editor, then let KXMLGUI to do its work, and after that transform the
> added actions the way we like. Reparenting KActions into another menu
> shouldn't be such a big issue.

Hmm, I think that might be getting complicated. IIRC each time a view is
changed you get a client-removal and another client is added...

> Generally, we should define how we _ideally_ want it to be, and then after
> that we can check whether/how it can be done, or if it at least can be
> approximated.

Well, I kinda disagree. Its nice to define what we'd like to have, but
we're also wasting time on discussion then if certain things are not
possible to implement (or would mean maintaining a almost-copy-of-something
existing that doesn't quite fit our needs).

You have the body of a 19 year old.  Please return it before it gets wrinkled.