KDevelop4 UI

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 21 11:37:30 UTC 2009

Am Montag 21 Dezember 2009 12:09:04 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> Did you test wether you can actually do that? I might be wrong, but I think
> xmlgui doesn't allow you to reorder where File is showing up and moving
> actions from the editor into a separate menu is definetly not possible with
> xmlgui.

I haven't looked into details at all, but I guess it can be done somehow. For
example, we could record the actions in the main-menu before we merge the GUI
of the editor, then let KXMLGUI to do its work, and after that transform the
added actions the way we like. Reparenting KActions into another menu
shouldn't be such a big issue.

Generally, we should define how we _ideally_ want it to be, and then after
that we can check whether/how it can be done, or if it at least can be
approximated.

Greetings, David