extragear/sdk/kdevplatform/shell

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 09:15:06 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 04:40, David Nolden <zwabel at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am Montag 07 Dezember 2009 21:37:44 schrieb Niko Sams:
>> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 21:24, David Nolden <zwabel at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> > That's my ideas of how sessions should work, and it's wouldn't be that
>> > hard to implement.
>>
>> Yes, we should have exactly THAT behavior in 4.0.
>>
>> stupid question: should session switching change loaded projects in
>> current trunk? Because for me it doesn't.
>
> I've worked the night on this, and now, we have exactly THAT behavior. :-)
Great! I'll use sessions now :D

- we should remove the "Reopen projects on startup" option, or ignore
it's value when switching session
- shouldn't *switching* a session close the old one?
- the new instance takes it's time, some loading indicator would be nice
- would it make sense that creating a new session has all settings
copied from the current one (except projects, workingsets and global
launches)

Niko