proposal for kdevelop.org new website design

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 16:49:04 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 16:36, Sam S. <smls75 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've slightly desaturated all backgrounds now (it's still pretty green
> though ;-)):
>
> http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/3214/frontpage.png

Very cool! thanks for your good work!!

a few thoughts:
- i'd remove the flags on top (automatic language selection by
Accept-Language should work for
most users); replace it with either a dropdown-menu
- why 3 menus (left, right and top)? I would remove top
- "Welcome to the official KDevelop website..." is imho not needed
- downloads statistics are not really useful, as most users will install
tough their package manager, I would replace them with svn commit graphs

Niko