Php Beta1? Was: Re: Beta5 Done

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Thu Aug 20 20:38:58 UTC 2009

On Thursday 20 August 2009 22:29:07 Niko Sams wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 22:15, Milian Wolff<mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> > Hey Niko, what do you think, should we prepare some kind of package and
> > tag a beta1 of the PHP Plugin? I mean there is still a hack lot of shit
> > to do, but I think we already have something we can show others. And
> > looking at IRC and my blog, more and more people seem to use it, even
> > though they have to build it all from SVN... Making it actually easy for
> > people to have it packaged or something would be really nice I think...
>
> Yes - good idea. We profit from more users reporting bugs.
> Don't know if "Beta" is the correct term (isn't a beta usually feature
> complete?)

  That's the classic definition of it, yes - the current state of PHP support
for kdev4 is somewhere between tech preview and alpha quality... It's a little
strange, though, since what's there is really quite solid, but it just isn't
quite done yet... So... alpha, probably, would be most applicable :)

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/

                          Co-