Rationale for double click and project view and can we bring back following the global setting?

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Fri Aug 14 21:11:11 UTC 2009

Am Freitag 14 August 2009 22:01:17 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> Thanks, I think I need to use that app more often, it does have some
> nice UI ideas. Thats constructive discussion. Indeed that could work, do
> you know wether this is in kdelibs? If not it should be.
>
> > - If the item is not part of the build-set, blend in a 'plus' sign, and
> > show a tooltip "Add top buildset"
> > - If the item already is in the build set, blend in the 'minus' sign, and
> > show tooltip "Remove from buildset".
> >
> > Then we can add a permanent highlighting of items that are part of the
> > buildset, and have a well-working selection interface if we define
> > 'build-set = selection'.
>
> Hmm, I think the idea is good, but I'd like to keep the buildset list
> still. Two reasons:
>
> a) It allows to order items
> b) It allows to more easily see all items in the buildset
>
> Also the selection is "published" to the complete app, hence it can also
> be used for other things.
Yes it's good to have the list that comprehends the selection and allows
ordering the items. But I think the buildset and selection-mechanism in
general should be merged, so we have a really consisten UI.

There shouldn't be more then one selection at a time, and the build-set is a
kind of selection.

With this, we can easily pick default run-targets, debug-targets, build-
targets, etc., and it would always be clear what's happening.

For inspiration I've looked at the QTest tree view again, and actually I like
that UI as well. I wonder how reusable that code is. We could use it together
with the dolphin-like selection, and additionally blend in a 'build' button
and some other very common actions at the right.

Greetings, David