Rationale for double click and project view and can we bring back following the global setting?

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Fri Aug 14 17:43:45 UTC 2009

On Friday 14 August 2009 09:36:58 am Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 14.08.09 08:54:56, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > >
> > > Uhm, not really recent. I've changed that weeks ago.
> >
> > It's recent enough for those of us who don't update every day or even
> > every week. :P
> >
> > Don't assume that everybody updates every day.
>
> Thats fine if you use releases, not if you use trunk from svn. In that case
> I expect people to have the latest checkout built before sending any
> query/question.

So what? Now you're going to discriminate against me because I took four weeks
to update to current trunk and am just now asking about something I saw in my
latest update? Go jump off a bridge.

> > > We can if you find a way to work in a treeview that doesn't suck with
> > > single-click. The problem is selecting a single entry without opening
> > > it. This is needed because you can do other things with this selected
> > > entry, for example building or adding it to the buildset. With
> > > single-click this varies between major nuisance and doesn't work at
> > > all.
> >
> > You have a Ctrl key right?
>
> I hope you're not serious, you're imposing an extra keystroke on me just
> because I want to select a different folder for building?

We don't open folders in the kdevelop editor, so no, I'm not imposing an extra
keystroke on you for folders. IMO, it makes sense to impose that extra
keystroke for files though, since i'm wouldn't expect those to be added to a
buildset very often.

> > Just use that. Kopete uses a treeview for it's contact list and that
> > works just fine for me and so far, we haven't gotten a lot of complaints
> > from other people.
>
> We did, hence it was changed.
>
> Andreas

Well, now you have a request to change it back. Perhaps I should file it on
bugs.kde.org so you can just close it as WONTFIX since you seem unwilling or
unable to give it any serious consideration?
--
Matt