kdevelop-pg and kdevelop-pg-qt

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Aug 11 07:52:01 UTC 2009

On 10.08.09 20:59:49, Matt Rogers wrote:
> Is there a reason why kdevelop-pg and kdevelop-pg-qt haven't been released?

Nobody cared for a release, they're only used for stuff you have to
build from trunk/ currently anyway. And that stuff is usually optional
even

> Does one supersede the other?

kdevelop-pg-qt "was" just a port to Qt types (instead of stl), but got
quite some fixes/enhancements since then. kdevelop-pg hasn't been
touched since ages.

> Does anybody care if I spin 0.1 releases of one or both of these?

Feel free to do so, might even cause the distro's to pick it up if we
make the usage non-optional.

> Does anybody also care if I make them compile within the larger context of
> playground/devtools rather than having to compile them standalone?

As long as this doesn't sacrifice the existing CMakeLists.txt files
in kdevelop-pg-qt. (I don't care too much about the non-qt version)

You have a deep appreciation of the arts and music.