Next release

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Apr 28 23:38:31 UTC 2009

Hi,

Dirk still didn't get back to me and I didn't manage to catch him on
IRC, so there's been no release. As Amilcar said it would be quite nice
to get a release out on the birthday of kdevelop, May 5th. One slight
problem with that is that I'd really like to release the next beta with
the new run framework to gather feedback and bugreports. However as I
said there are still 2 smaller things left and possibly some larger ones
(like cleaning up the Debug-actions mess). Also the debuggers variable
view is still in a semi-broken state (yes my fault, else it would be at
least obviously non-working)

May 5th is in 6 days and I think this time I'm going to create the
tarballs myself and send a mail to dirk and sysadmins to ask for
uploading them to the kde machine to hopefully speed up the process. I
can do that during May 4th and write an announcement for the dot as
well.

What do you say? Is that too short to get everything fixed up? (note
that I won't be online on friday - but hacking - and probably most of
saturday non-hacking).

Good day to deal with people in high places; particularly lonely stewardesses.