[RFC] Static Code Visualization - GSoC project

Sandro Andrade sandro.andrade at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 14:00:35 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

My name is Sandro Andrade, I'm a student at Federal University of
Bahia (Brazil) and I'm very excited to join the KDevelop community as
a KDE GSoCer. I've subscribed kdevelop-devel mailing list two years
ago and I have a slightly knowledge of KDevelop architecture.

My project comprises the design and implementation of code
visualization features in KDevelop. The goal is to provide program
comprehension facilities others than just source code. However,
visualization should work as a matter to conceive software artefacts
comprehension instead of a bunch of useless fancy graphics.

I've published my GSoC proposal at:
http://liveblue.wordpress.com/2009/04/23/kdevelop-in-gsoc-what-does-your-code-look-like/

I suggest the implementation of two visualization paradigms: control
flow graphs and polymetric visualization.
I would be grateful for some comments, in a KDevelop user perspective,
about these approaches. Maybe some changes have to be done, so it's
time to get the requirements clearly defined :)

Thanks in advance, certainly I'm going to enjoy contribute to KDevelop project.

--
Sandro Santos Andrade
Distributed Systems Laboratory (LaSiD)