KDE/kdevplatform

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Apr 23 22:01:14 UTC 2009

On 23.04.09 22:44:34, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> > Just tried, while it looks ok for the no-tabs gui and with only a few
> > tabs open, I think it looks horrible with many tabs open when you get
> > the QTabWidget arrow-buttons. So I'm even more interested in hearing the
> > reasoning behind this change.
>
> I think we agreed here that wasting so much vertical space with two
> stastusbars is not an option, so we came up with this idea.
> Another option would be to just display the part of the statusbar with
> column/line information in the bottom right corner of the editor
> window.
>
> Anyway, we had another idea for the second statusbar, I'll show the
> result later if I manage to get that implemented.

Alex and me talked a bit on IRC and my conclusion is that I don't object
the change, but I'd like to improve the visual style for the case of
having tabs and the tab-navigation buttons (making the buttons flat
already works quite well). Right now the whole thing looks a bit better
with oxygen style (which renders those two arrow-buttons flat) than
Plastique or QtCurve.

And for the tabless mode, this change is really awesome IMHO :)

Andreas, eagerly waiting for the ideas for the bottom status bar....

--
If your life was a horse, you'd have to shoot it.