CodeCompletion + Kate's Word Completion

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Apr 23 09:03:22 UTC 2009

On 23.04.09 09:55:57, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for KDE 4.3, I would like to have the simple word completion in kate per
> default on.
>
> What happens to KDevelop then? Is the completion interface able to disable the
> integrated word completion for KDevelop? Will it mess up the Code Completion
> for KDevelop? If so, nothing done atm, what can we do to avoid this?

I might be wrong (David would be the expert), but I think it would just
integrate. KDevelop also has a second plugin that provides completion items
(snippet support) and that just works AFAIK. So you'd get completion items
from both the word completion and the language-code-completion. Which is
quite nice IMHO.

Don't go surfing in South Dakota for a while.