KDevelop Maintainership

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Mon Sep 8 11:21:48 UTC 2008

On Monday 08 September 2008 20:34:13 David Nolden wrote:
> Am Montag, 8. September 2008 12:24:00 schrieb Hamish Rodda:
> > I'm happy with you being maintainer :) I was also considering it, but I'm
> > happy to be focusing on development instead :)
> >
> > BTW, I think we really should release a beta any day now... perhaps once
> > the class browser sees a bit of attention.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Hamish.
>
> Before any beta, I think we need at least this:
> - Redo class-browser based on code-model

I saw you made a start here, is there any assistance I can provide?

> - avoid UI sluggishness while parsing(Although this is partially due to the
> class-browsers and thus solved by the point above)

Well to test that we can just disable the current class browser plugin, and if
it's fixed, voila.

> - Fix the random highlighting/range problems

Of course I believe that this can happen, but has anyone else noticed problems
with highlighting?  Especially if you can reproduce it, I'm interested to hear
how you triggered it.

BTW I was thinking through some of the smart range warnings we still get...
probably we get them when a context start bracket is deleted, because then the
context range would be continually getting pushed out of the way by any
declarations within that old context.  Not sure of the best way to fix it,
though (or just turn those warnings off, that would work)

> - Do some testing with "full project parsing" enabled

I have, and my biggest concern is that it seems that files are re-parsed even
if they were saved to disk previously.

Cheers,
Hamish.