KDevelop 4.0 Release

Manuel Breugelmans mbr.nxi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 10:57:31 UTC 2008

On Monday 08 September 2008 01:13:40 David Nolden wrote:
> Am Montag, 8. September 2008 01:00:13 schrieb Manuel Breugelmans:
> > - DUChain robustness; still too much Q_ASSERT(bucket _size) for me. It's
> > unacceptable to require 'rm -rf ~/.kdevduchain' all the time
>
> My duchain is perfectly robust. Since this never happens to me, I need some
> more info here. What exactly needs to happen to KDevelop before this
> problem appears? Probably it crashes in some special moment leaving behind
> a defect duchain store, but there is a protection against this(should
> automatically be cleared), so I currently don't have an idea how this can
> happen.

Steps to reproduce:
1/ remove persistant store
2/ boot kdevelop
3/ load some c++ project
4/ close kdevelop while still parsing
5/ random segfault in cppparsejob
6/ now kdevelop wont restart due to a bucket assert itemrepository

The crash on exit is not that bad, the need for a rm ~/,kdevduchain on reboot
is.

I've also seen some asserts like this while editing but can't (yet) reproduce
those consistently.

Manuel