KDevelop 4.0 Release

Manuel Breugelmans mbr.nxi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 23:02:04 UTC 2008

On Sunday 07 September 2008 23:39:02 Alexander Dymo wrote:
> On Monday 08 September 2008 00:22:21 David Nolden wrote:
> > I would like KDevelop4 to be light-weight, like a much more powerful
> > drop-in replacement for kate, where the user doesn't have to think
> > whether he wants to take the overhead of firing it up.
>
> David is reading my mind :) I completely agree with that sentence!

Big missing feature at the moment is plugin (de)activation and installation on
demand. Only a small set of plugins should be loaded be default, take for
example the Check runner I wrote as part of soc. That's really only useful for
agile C hackers, ie less than 0.5% of the KDevelop crowd. Joe-KDE should not
be confronted with this. Ideally we would have something like the Eclipse
remote plugin installation stuff.

Manuel