Default for the Buildset widget

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Sep 6 08:12:05 UTC 2008

On 06.09.08 13:24:04, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> On Saturday 06 September 2008 08:53:04 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> BTW, I would actually like a separate mode where you just select the active
> target (like in kdev3) because that's the way I use the buildset stuff at the
> moment anyway.

I'm not sure I understand how that is different from adding a target to
the buildset. We could think about indicating in the tree which targets
are currently in the buildset, if thats what you're after.

> > Now what bothers me, Manuel and probably others as well is that you have
> > to close the widget every single time you restart kdevelop. This is a
> > technical problem that will be solved sooner or later (hi adymo, where's
> > that next ui library?), so I think this argument is simply a temporary
> > thing.
>
> Yes, this needs to be solved, and will make the question of default a very
> minor one IMHO.

I'm not sure who else knows this, but Alexander started on some larger
refactoring in sublime to make it easier to store state.

> > I'd be ok if we manage to make the buildset widget occupy less vertical
> > space by default, i.e. the tableview just using space for 2 rows instead
> > of the 4 or 5 it has space for right now. Not sure how thats done best.
> > I'd also be ok with making the text smaller in the table-view, or other
> > such changes.
>
> Also a good idea.

Sounds like a "simple enough task", so maybe I find the time after the
cooking.

You need no longer worry about the future.  This time tomorrow you'll be dead.