Default for the Buildset widget

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Sep 6 08:08:28 UTC 2008

On 05.09.08 18:20:50, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > apparently we have a small problem :( Manuel today comitted a change to
> > the project treeview hiding the buildset widget by default. I reverted
> > that change and he and myself had a conversation about this.
> >
> > [snip opinions]
> >
> > Now what bothers me, Manuel and probably others as well is that you have
> > to close the widget every single time you restart kdevelop. This is a
> > technical problem that will be solved sooner or later (hi adymo, where's
> > that next ui library?), so I think this argument is simply a temporary
> > thing.
> >
> > I'd be ok if we manage to make the buildset widget occupy less vertical
> > space by default, i.e. the tableview just using space for 2 rows instead
> > of the 4 or 5 it has space for right now. Not sure how thats done best.
> > I'd also be ok with making the text smaller in the table-view, or other
> > such changes.
> >
> > So what does the rest of the community think?
>
> Did I miss why "make it remember the last setting" isn't an option?

Kind of, I just realize I didn't talk about that in more depth. There's
a technical problem right now with storing a view's state, hence this
cannot be done. As Alexander is working on a simplification of sublime
that easily allows us to store a view's state it would be wasted time to
try to implement that right now - IMHO.

Your ignorance cramps my conversation.