Crash under win32

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Oct 21 20:34:43 UTC 2008

On 21.10.08 22:22:23, David Nolden wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 21. Oktober 2008 22:13:28 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I had hoped I could blog about kdev4 on win32 again today, but
> > unfortunately opening a project fails currently. Its a crash deep in
> > duchain, from the cmake manager. The backrace is below, its not very
> > extensive, but at least has line information (though they seem to be off by
> > one). Basically it crashes inside syncFromSmart when creating the mutex
> > locker. At the end after the backtrace you can see the this pointer inside
> >
> > ::range and ::syncFromSmart. As you can see the m_smartRange and
> >
> > m_smartMutex are both 0, so somethings wrong
> >
> > I need some help here as I basically have no idea where to start looking.
> >
> > Andreas
>
> Hi! Actually this problem is not win32 specific, some such problems have shown
> up in the last days. I don't know though what commit has caused them. This
> sucks, because of the alpha release that happens right now. I have no Idea
> what's causing these problems, but I hope to fix it this evening.

Phew :) That makes things a lot simpler for me, as I don't have to dive
through duchain. I didn't notice this though on my linux builds.

> Btw. have you got a CMakeLists.txt?

?? You mean the file which causes the crash? Not sure how to find that out
efficiently, so if you've got any tips I'm listening.

You will be Told about it Tomorrow.  Go Home and Prepare Thyself.