KDevelop::DUChainLock::lockForWrite: Tried to lock the duchain for writing, but it was already locked for reading here

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 8 20:08:58 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag, 7. Oktober 2008 22:19:46 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> Interesting, do you have more information about which timer might fire and
> which component then tries to acquire a writeLock? I mean this kind of
> thing might be scattered all over the codebase by now and we should better
> try to find the places... In particular I've recently fixed something
> similar in vcscommon plugin, which indirectly caused another event-loop to
> run which apparently caused the timer to fire....

Well, we just have to make sure that we unlock the duchain before we do
anything slightly complex. For example it must be unlocked before calling
openDocument, and since KMessageBox seems to start a new event-loop, it also
needs to be unlocked before that. It's not really interesting what other
timers trigger the crash, since there's probably dozens(code-completion,
context-browser, whathever), and they should be fine.

This patch looks good. @Peter Oberndorfer: Have you got an svn account to
apply the patch yourself, or should one of us apply it?

Greetings, David