GenericProjectManager improvements

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Oct 5 09:09:24 UTC 2008

On 05.10.08 09:01:10, Niko Sams wrote:
> Don't know if I have understood this correctly: One instance can watch one
> directory or one file - right?

No, one KDirWatch instance can watch up to 8192 files+directories if you
use inotify and if the inotify limit hasn't been changed. If however the
distribution, or user decided to use another watch-method, like fam/gamin
or even polling the filesyste, then you can watch as many files+directories
with 1 KDirWatch instance as you want (no idea wether fam/gamin have a
maximum limit here)

As it seems you're starting from wrong assumptions I'm not going to reply
to the rest.

You will always get the greatest recognition for the job you least like.