DVCS-Git No output executing git log in project dir

Uwe Kaiser dred9e at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 4 14:09:20 UTC 2008

On Friday 03 October 2008 23:10:16 Evgeniy Ivanov wrote:
> Uwe Kaiser wrote:
> > When you execute the git log command on the project directory the DVCSjob
> > produces this       git log ''
> > But git does not work with this input.
> > I add a check to GitExecutor::log if info.fileName() is empty.
> > Eclosed the patch.
> > It works, but I don't know if  it is the right way to fix the problem.
>
> Thanks for pointing to this. It's a problem of all executors :(
> There always should be an url, because it is used to set working dir to
> execute dvcs-commands.
> If the working dir is not set application method should ASSERT or return 0.
> But "git log Empty KUrl" works for me fine. I've added a test for it.
> Since job shouldn't run if url is empty, I don't commit the patch.
> Also manual testing has shown works fine.
> It might be a qt bug (I did a bugreport). See,
>     QFileInfo fi("/tmp/somedir");
>     qDebug() << fi.fileName();
>     QFileInfo fi2("/tmp/somedir/");
>     qDebug() << fi2.fileName();
> I've found it's caused by cute hg/bzr executor-style function:
> QString QAbstractFileEngine::fileName(FileName file) const
> {
>     Q_UNUSED(file);
>     return QString();
> }
> I should become Qt developer, they have stolen my idea how to implement
> important things :)
>

> Question to list: can I ASSERT there? It's dangerous for the KDevelop.
> But we will 100% know if something is broken.

Hi,

fatal: ambiguous argument '': unknown revision or path not in the working
tree.
Use '--' to separate paths from revisions

Could you explain me how I can run the tests?
When executing  <<make test >>  I get this error message.

Unable to find executable:
/home/kdevel/kde/build/KDE/kdevplatform/plugins/git/tests/kdevgit-test.shell

I added enable_testing() to CMakeFile.txt but it didn't work either.