Custom range for CodeCompletion

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 30 20:08:44 UTC 2008

Am Sonntag, 30. November 2008 20:56:36 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> So you can commit this into kdelibs after the 4.2.0 branch has been created
> but libaries/plugins in kdevplatform/kdevelop cannot use this until after
> the first release (unless the first release comes after the KDE 4.3.0
> release).

Can you point me at the exact rules?

On the release-plan it's written that "only bug fixes" are allowed, but not
that this can not involve changed/added interfaces.

This patch is not really a new feature. It allows better control of the
code-completion, which will be used to fix several bugs, like for example
that include-completion doesn't work correctly behind a dot, and that
missing-include completion even works when completion has been triggered
before the full string has been inserted.

I would as well like KDevelop 4.0 work nicely with KDE 4.2, since that's
probably what'll be out on the release. But in order to fix several issues,
this interface is needed(A single signal would have worked as well, but we
decided that it was too ugly). So you think there is a way to get this into
KDE 4.2?

Greetings, David