KDE/kdevplatform/shell

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Nov 7 17:36:52 UTC 2008

On Thursday 06 November 2008, Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote:
> - Drop-down bad
> - Working file sets good in the medium-term
> - Make people work as little as possible with the on-disk file structure
> good in the long term

Why ?
Usually bigger projects have a structured directory layout, so they are
relatively easy to navigate, at least easier than a long flat list of files.
It also helps to know the directory layout if you are "learning" the
structure of a project, so I don't see why we should keep people from using
the directory layout.

Alex