KDE/kdevplatform/shell

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 6 20:42:55 UTC 2008

Am Donnerstag, 6. November 2008 21:28:44 schrieb Vladimir Prus:
> The idea I have is that the list that appears when clicking an item in the
> breadcrumps widget has files that are already opened on top, with files
> in the filesystem below. In fact, this functionality should be ready
> by Tuesday, and then we hopefully can discuss real code and screenshots.

Ok this sounds very good. Would be great then if it was keyboard-accessible so
you can jump between different levels of the breadcrumb, and actually this
could even be "combined" with quickopen by allowing filtering by keyboard.
Then it would be the ultimate navigation solution, just like a "multi-level
quickopen". :)

Actually thinking about this, this even might replace the tabs at some point,
if it clearly showed what files are currently open. At some point it should
also highlight by color how much editing has happened in the items within the
last time. But for the beginning I would strongly prefer it to be an
addition, and in that nearly empty bar that currently is now under each
text-view.