KDE/kdevplatform/shell

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 6 19:53:53 UTC 2008

Am Donnerstag, 6. November 2008 20:47:56 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> On 06.11.08 23:01:14, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> > On Thursday 06 November 2008 21:55:11 David Nolden wrote:
> > Do you happen to remember that we talked about breadcrumps nagivation for
> > files, in the form of:
> >
> > 	project -> dir -> file -> function
> >
> > ? This is probably what can be put there.
>
> No actually, that should be replacing the tabs :) I currently seriously
> consider not having KDevelop4 with tabs, I mean look at the blogs about
> QtCreator, nobody complained about missing tabs to switch between files.
> The combobox there was just fine for everybody and it didn't even include
> any path.
Well, I didn't seriously try using it, but I did not like it. You need to
click 3 times to get another file displayed, and never see what's open..
> > A student of mine is working on addition such navigation in kdevelop,
> > some code is likely to appear next week, and then we can play. Though
> > now, the nagivator is on top of the window.
>
> Wooooot! Leave it there.
It would be a lot cooler having one navigator per split-view!

Also the navigator does not show the set of open files, so it imo approaches a
completely different problem than the tabs.

Greetings, David