appwizard try2

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Nov 6 01:23:03 UTC 2008

On 05.11.08 23:23:40, Bernd Buschinski wrote:
> Spaces are now skipped/excluded but what really worries me are umlauts and
> similar, I dont want to create a huge "that char is ok too"-list, so far I did
> not came up with a good solution (but it should be ok for now)

Indeed that might get a bit messy and thats exactly why we didn't auto-fill
the project name. A projects name should be completely independant of where
its actually stored (KDevelop and KDevPlatform are both named that way, but
live in all-lower-case dirs).

Hmm, what about QChar? It can tell you wether a character is a letter,
digit or space. In fact with letter | digit | space | - | _  as "allowed"
characters and converting everything else to percent encoding we should be
fine. The downside of course is that we'll have to do the encoding
ourselves, though that shouldn't be too hard.

> I also removed my acciently added mkdir and changed
> the mkdir in appwizardplugin.cpp:267 + 277 to mkpath.
> Maybe I should also add a nice message if it fails?

Definetly and not finish the wizard, but allow to go back an choose a
different directory.

> And I still do not have a svn account, someone else needs to commit it if this
> code is ok :)

Let me know if you want to tackle the QChar thing, else I'll put up a
bugreport for that and do it later on.

A few hours grace before the madness begins again.