allow to embed any kpart?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Nov 1 16:38:05 UTC 2008

Hi,

currently, even though the classes suggest otherwise, KDevelop4 doesn't
really allow to embed other kparts besides Kate. IIRC especially opening
images and html files is a problem right now.

So I was wondering wether we do want to provide a shell of any arbitrary
kpart, or wether we want to limit the embedding to a few well-known parts
(like kate, khtml, possibly something to view, but not edit, images)?

You will be recognized and honored as a community leader.