Debugger configurations and KCM

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon May 12 10:11:37 UTC 2008

On 09.05.08 02:09:50, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> Hi,
> right now the project configuration dialog is KSettings::Dialog. I
> would like to implement "launch configurations" where each project
> can have several configurations, and for each configuration we have
> several pages -- application, general GDB settings, maybe specific
> gdb settings, maybe valgrind settings, so on.
>
> So, instead of letting KSettings::Dialog load KCM pages, I need to
> have top-level configuration name selector, and based on selected
> configuration, show a specific set of pages. Am I right that KSettings::Dialog
> and KCModule are basically of no help here?

We just had a bugreport about kdev3 run stuff and its inconvenience
when running debug and optimized versions of your app. I'm wondering
wether anybody thought about that yet? In particular I hope we will
allow not only specifying executables, but also just picking targets
from the project tree to execute. In that case there needs to be a way
to define which builddirectory should be used to find the executable
from the target and then deduce the actual executable file with that
information.

So when creating a debug run configuration you specify target "kdevelop"
and the debug-builddir and then you can just copy that configuration and
s/debug-builddir/release-builddir/ and be done.

Just something to consider I think.

You will inherit millions of dollars.