PartController issue

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Sun May 4 18:38:27 UTC 2008

Hi,
I see that PartController is presently passed a main window as parameter.
It does not seem like any new main windows are registered with PartController,
which sound suspicious. I'm not exactly sure what PartController actually
does -- it derives from KParts::PartManager, which is documented as:

   The part manager is an object which knows about a collection of
   parts (even nested ones) and handles activation/deactivation.

I have not the slightest clue what activation/deactivation is, but presumably
it's something important. Then, why don't we do anything about any window
but the first?

Do we really want to know which part is "active"?

I start to suspect that multiple main windows were somehow never part
of the design, and are just totally broken :-(

- Volodya