Tool buttons alignment

Kris Wong wongk at seapine.com
Fri May 2 11:50:01 UTC 2008

> yesterday on IRC Alexander and I talked that it would be nice
> to have the left side
> or the bottom tool buttons bar to be aligned with the left
> side of the editor area.
> Now, the left side is at the left side of the window, which
> makes it unclear what
> that left button applies to.
>
> I've looked into implementing this, but it's not exactly
> straightforward. Right
> now, main window uses QGridLayout at top level, having the
> tool button bars and
> the central area. The central area uses IdealMainLayout as layout.
> So, keeping the button bar left aligned with the editor even
> if left tool is shown
> and hidden is gonna be messy. I think the best way would be
> to make tool button
> bars managed by the same IdealMainLayout. Some questions:

|   |                                                    |   |
|   |                                                    |   |
|   |                                                    |   |
|   |                                                    |   |
|   |                                                    |   |
|   |                                                    |   |
|   |                                                    |   |
|   |                                                    |   |
|   |                                                    |   |
|   |                                                    |   |
|   |                                                    |   |
|   |                                                    |   |
|   |                                                    |   |
|   |                                                    |   |
|   |                                                    |   |
|   |                                                    |   |
|   |                                                    |   |
|   |                                                    |   |

If we are using QGridLayout, this seems like it should not be too hard
to do.  Essentially you have 3 columns and 2 rows, with the X's
representing spacer items.  These cells would be empty.  Or am I missing
something?

Kris Wong