Starting application on specific screen

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Mar 29 09:05:31 UTC 2008

On 29.03.08 11:51:52, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> suppose I have a dual-screen configuration (XRandr 1.2) and
> would like to start an application on a specific screen. Is there
> an easy way to do that in Qt4/KDE4?

That means you have the same desktop stretched over both screens? The
code to do that would simply be putting the window at a proper x/y
position (using QWidget::move()). There's also QDesktopWidget, which
knows how many screens you have and how large they are so thats where
you can probably find the right coordinates.

If you need to do it without code, then I suggest to use KWin's "special
window behaviour stuff". Right-click the titlebar and choose "Advanced",
there you can choose either "special settings for this window" or
program. There you can set its position to a fixed place.

Your sister swims out to meet troop ships.