Proposal for GSoC, want to get your opinions

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 8 13:03:33 UTC 2008

On Saturday 08 March 2008 13:33:06 Evgeniy Ivanov wrote:
> I have written the proposal, which I will use to submit application.
> I've used all you have told and thank to everyone for suggestions and
> ideas it helped me much to understand what should be done.
>
> It will be cool if somebody review it:
> http://docs.google.com/View?docid=df8cq4g8_14ngt57qx5

I've read it, it sounds fine.

But for the "further directions" part, I have a suggestion what you could
implement if you should have time left(before doing possible incomplete
backends for mecurial/bzr):
In gitk, you can view the source in a special mode, where the whole code is
highlighted by the exact commit and author that changed that code. Holding
the mouse over the highlighted code, a tooltop shows the assigned author and
commit-message for that code-line. Additionally it would be great if the
tooltip showed how the code looked before the commit.

That would be a great feature, and gitk shows that it's very possible with
git(opposed to svn).

Greetings, David