KDE/kdevplatform [POSSIBLY UNSAFE]

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jun 27 07:03:14 UTC 2008

On 26.06.08 18:42:54, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 10:00:00AM +0000, Manuel Breugelmans wrote:
> > SVN commit 824598 by mbreugel:
> >
> > Move xtest to kdevplatform & rename.
> >

> I don't think that this makes sense. How is a unit testing library
> a general plugin to have for more than just kdevelop? Why can't we
> move this to the platform when another application actually needs
> to use it instead of just assuming there will be another app that
> will actually use it?

You're misunderstanding. What is now in kdevplatform (or rather what
should be there, I didn't have time yet to look into it closely) is a
support library to write plugins for kdevelop that support running
testcases for a specific unit testing framework. It aims in the same
direction as eclipse TPTP (just not so extensive currently). Its AFAIK
currently mostly the duplicated code from the 3 unit-test-framework
implementations we have in kdevelop.

Your motives for doing whatever good deed you may have in mind will be
misinterpreted by somebody.