Mapping of installed files

David Nolden zwabel+kde at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 15:46:16 UTC 2008

For a better editing experience, the C++ Language support will need some more
information from the build-system. Namely we need to be able to map back from
installed files to their source-files, so we:
1. Don't end up accidentally editing installed files that will be overwritten
during the next installation
2. Can do refactoring across project/target boundaries
3. Have better navigation
4. Source changes can already take effect within kdevelop before the project
is installed

We we need an efficient interface to do that mapping, having it at least for
cmake would be nice.

Greetings, David