Feature list for 4.0

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 20 00:31:14 UTC 2008

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 19.06.08 13:52:24, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> I'd still like to keep the ability to manually add or remove a file.
>> (I'm talking about File Tree -> right-click -> Add to project / Remove
>> from project / Add to blacklist, if that helps?)
>
> That will be coming back at some point, for sure. I'm just not sure yet
> how it'll look exactly :)

I figured as much once you started talking about how it's plain not
coded yet :-). So... fine by me.

Too bad about the bold-ness though :-(, I thought that was useful.

>> I think we're talking about different things.
>
> Indeed we are, I thought by "in place expansion" you meant what is done
> in the iconview view of konqueror/dolphin. That is, when you go into a
> folder the content of the folder replaces the currently visible
> folder-content.

Ah... no. Exactly the *opposite*.

> But I see we're on the same page actually :)

Yup. What you describe is exactly what I'm /complaining/ about, so I
guess we're complaining about the same thing. :-)

>> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>>> The filesystem view will be exactly like in kate, dolphin, amarok and
>>> konqueror. Its just KDirOperator embedded into a toolview and adding a
>>> nice breadcrumb and a few toolbar buttons. I've posted a patch a couple
>>> of days ago (maybe a week).
>> Yay! In that case, please be sure the "expandable folders" option (see
>> above) is exposed :-).
>
> :( Thats going to be quite some extra work. Those settings aren't
> shareable as they're burried inside dolphin and we don't want to depend
> on dolphin for this. I'm not yet sure how to tackle this, will have to
> talk to Peter Penz.

Maybe I should ask that differently (since I'm not familiar with
KDirOperator)... does the widget kdevelop will end up using have a
setting to allow "expanding folders", or is that extra code in dolphin?
If the former, I don't care where the setting is, or even if you name it
"SuperHappyFunFolders" (ok, I might care about /that/ ;-)...), so long
as it can be enabled. (Alternatively, if you want to make that the
*only* option, that's fine by me, but other people might complain.)

--
Matthew
Did you hear about the pig that makes footwear for cows? He's a real moo