On Documents an Views

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jun 18 22:08:26 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm working on providing a xmlgui client as widget for the Qt designer
documents and was wondering when one should create a new Sublime::View
subclass? I mean what are the possible benefits of that?

Other questions coming to my mind:

- why is there so much code-duplication for the "ask-for-save-on-close"
  code, I see the same code in qtdesignerdocument and TextDocument and
  PartDocument (isn't the latter read-only?) Can't this just move to
  IDocument?

- Same goes for the cleanup code at the end of PartDocument::close, this
  should IMHO move to a common base class, so I don't need to do this
  myself in QtDesignerDocument if I use a Sublime::View subclass.

Beware of Bigfoot!