KDE/kdevplatform/language/duchain

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jun 17 06:56:50 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 17 June 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > For me this makes the completion-list usable again.
>
> There's been a change in the KDE global icon cache lately which causes
> it to not use an mmap'ed file anymore. The reason for that are various
> crashes due to unclean deletion of the mmaped file (as far as I
> understood).

yes, the commit was quite unfortuante. it's the kind that introduces
regressions instead of actually fixing the bug (though for understandable
reasons of expediency), such that it gets burried and heaven help us should it
even get fixed since nobody will notice it for another N years. =/

and in the meantime we see all sorts of code like this which bloats
applications, costs us development time and creates code that will at some
point no longer be necessary ... =/

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se