Context menus for VCS

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jun 14 12:31:40 UTC 2008

On 14.06.08 14:24:24, Evgeniy Ivanov wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 14.06.08 01:49:28, Evgeniy Ivanov wrote:
> >
> >> Hi!
> >> As I undestood context menus where broken, am I right?
> >>

> > No.
> >
> I meant context menus for VCS (in Documents View), look at screenshot:
> http://ipicture.ru/Gallery/Viewfull/2517276.html
> There are no commit, add and other things in menu :)

Thats because our VCS plugins currently don't handle
Context::FileContext. Feel free to add support for that. To see the VCS
menu, just use the project view for now.

> >> Does anybody reimplementing them?
> >>

> > No, because they aint broken :)
> >

> > What exactly do you mean? The editor area currently has no context menu
> > from kdevelop (just the basic kate one) and various toolviews probably
> > also don't because its not yet implemented. But thats not really
> > "broken" and doesn't need "reimplementation".
> >

> By reimplementing I meant doing them like they where in KDevelop3
> (porting not implemented menus).

See above, whats missing is the handling of all the various context
types in the right way in the various places and then eventually
also fixing the various methods on widgets that actually show the
context menus to create a properly ordered context menu.

See projectreeview.cpp in kdevplatform/plugins/projectmanagerview for
some inspiration and of course the VCS plugins for the
contextMenuExtension  methods. They show its supposed to work in
KDevelop4 and sooner or later we'll get around to fix all our plugins to
do it.

You have an unusual magnetic personality.  Don't walk too close to
metal objects which are not fastened down.