Document tabs on top.

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jun 10 10:40:07 UTC 2008

On 10.06.08 14:25:12, Evgeniy Ivanov wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 10.06.08 13:00:01, Evgeniy Ivanov wrote:
> > Not if you have 20-30 files open and want to switch from file 3 to 26 ;)
> >
> > The thing that really rocks is KDevelop3's
> > Quick-Open-On-Already-Opened-Files (IIRC there's no default shortcut for
> > that, but the action is called "Switch To..").
> >
> If we have || myfile.h, .cpp, .ui || yourfile.h, .cpp || then it will be
> 26/2 (or even 3) tabs.

I think you misunderstood, grouping means putting the related files one
after another, not merging the tabs. That said we could have a shortcut
that jumps between groups.

> Also you may move in both directions, so you
> don't have to use more than tabs/2 shortcuts, so in case you have opened
> 26 files (.h and .cpp) you have 13 tabs, so only 7 shortcuts are
> required to move to any file. Anyway It's faster than taking mouse.

Of course, but it doesn't have to compete with the mouse, but the
aproximately 5-8 keystrokes I need to go to a specific file in kdevelop3
- no matter how many tabs I have open :)

There is a fly on your nose.