KDE/kdevelop

Hamish Rodda rodda at kde.org
Mon Jun 9 09:00:50 UTC 2008

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 04:36:06 pm Vladimir Prus wrote:
> On Monday 09 June 2008 10:21:20 Hamish Rodda wrote:
> > SVN commit 818666 by rodda:
> >
> > Large refactoring to allow running state of plugins to be shown to the
> > user, and jobs to be killed...:
> >
> > Ported to new IRun*
> > - gdb
> > - valgrind
> >
> > Ported to KJob
> > - build plugins (make, qmake, cmake)
> > - grep plugin
> >
> > I tried to add the new Stop action to the main toolbar, but for some
> > reason it doesn't show up??? (is there some code to remove actions from
> > the main toolbar?)
>
> Yes. Shell::MainWindowPrivate::fixToolBar. Anyway, I'm not sure if the stop
> button belongs to the main toolbar --

Perhaps if I find another way to give the 'running' feedback we can not have
it on the main toolbar.

But the toolbar is so empty, why do we even have it at all?

> the most common job to kill is debug,
> so maybe it should belong to debug toolbar.

I disagree, I regularly kill normal runs, valgrind runs, grep runs, build
runs, etc.

> We talked about getting a list of running jobs by clicking on status bar,
> so this can be the mechanism to kill other kinds of jobs.

This can be done easily with the new infrastructure.

Cheers,
Hamish.