KDE/kdevplatform

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 9 07:49:37 UTC 2008

On 09.06.08 06:19:32, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> Large refactoring to allow running state of plugins to be shown to the user, and jobs to be killed...:

Coool. Your shift must have been really boring ;)

> Add a menu option for selecting which project should be run, so the run configuration works again (but not the add target feature, will work on that later)

Looking at the changes this goes the same way as the "configure project"
thing, which means sooner or later it'll (hopefully) vanish from the
main menu. Menu items that need some context to work, need to be in a
context menu.

> Port to KJob
> - cvs plugin
> - svn plugin (could only find one place that jobs are started, is that correct??)

Yes and no :) The svn plugin itself starts all the jobs that are added
to the context menu. However it does so by running KJob::exec() so the
job is executed synchronously and then can be deleted. With
auto-deletion of these jobs being done anyway I guess this can be
changed to job->start() and the delete be removed. Dunno why I didn't do
that :)

Also there are some start()'s in vcs/widgets/

I've put both of these on my list for tonight, unless you beat me to it.

Oh and I don't really like the casting here and in "defaultRun":
+    action->setData(QVariant::fromValue(static_cast<void*>(project)));
+
+    if (!d->defaultTargetAction->currentAction())
+        action->setChecked(true);
+}

How about using the project name in there and then use
ProjectController::findProjectByName(). The names are guaranteed to be
unique (or rather we expect them to be).

Hmm, shouldn't OutputJob be in the output library? Its closely related
to the outputview and somehow doesn't seem to be in the right spot in
util/

You are a very redundant person, that's what kind of person you are.